|Sort By Recently Added Launch Date iboum Ranking|
Xtreamer's second attempt at releasing a player called 'Prodigy'. The first player was delayed several times and then scrapped. This mk2 version is the first player announced to use the Realtek 1186 chipset. The 1186 is a faster version (750Mhz vs 500Mhz) of the 1185 with HDMI 1.4 (so 3D). Apart from the chipset change this player is very similar to the original non-released Prodigy. Wi-Fi(n) is included on all players.Official Website Youtube ACRyan Play!On HD3 Bluetimes Coopa 3550B Datage HDpro-i6 Eaget M70 Eaget M90 Egreat R160S Egreat R200S Egreat R300 Egreat R150 Fantec 3DFHDL Fantec 3DS4600 GIEC HD300 HiMedia HD910B HiMedia HD910A HiMedia HD900C HiMedia HD900A HiMedia HD900B HiMedia HD900D IconBIT XDS1003D Kaiboer K660i Mede8er MD800X3D Mede8er MD600X3D Mede8er MD1000X3D Micca EP600 G2 Micca EP950 Xtreamer Sidewinder 3
Good morning! Ive just returned from France, there were billboards everywhere jeux concours gratuits, what does it mean? Thanks!
Ií»ve recently started a site, the info you offer on this web site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.
fw 3.5 is out for those who wish to ug...main change seems to ne integrated jukebox
Have gone thru Xtreamer Prodigy for about a week. I am so disappointed with both performance and the software. Actually, the software is almost identical to Sidewider 2 only they take out many good features from there such as jukebox, movie wall, etc. Besides, it does not support bitstreaming. The only good thing supports android but only the outdated version 2.2. It gives me the impression that they are rushing out to catch up the holiday seasons.
yeah it seems they have compromised a lot of the stuff they had planned for prodigy eg. jukebox, xlive etc - by deciding to run with Android (note: 2.2 is all the soc can do - so aint much xt or himedia or anyone else can do without rltk support).
They have however said they are working on a fw update:
quote from xt director:
We are working on several things .
We prefer not to make partial update again and again.
better we will move 1 time to the next level with 1 major update . the device indeed can be improved in so many ways.
we dont know when all this process will finish as we collected many issues, some of them require investigation to the root of the problem. a very time consuming process.
So, to be on the safe side, we will change to the the newest SDK.
We now work on :
(1) adding movie jukebox. Not the community one. something that is build into the FW with our engine
(2) Adding SRT browser so users will be able to select manually any Subtitle file and locate at anywhere on the HDD.
(3) Adding parental control. Password lock for folders.
(4) Adding AirPlay
(5) Adding PHP, SQLite to the core of the system
(6) Adding Boradcast server function that will allow you to use your smartphone / tab / iphone / ipad as wirelss mouse and keyboard for the prodigy
(7) Adding Xtreamering portal. Xlive, Xvod, DsapacTV, TVonTop, xGrooveshark
(8) Adding internet Radio Shoutcast
(9) Adding media library file size display
(10) Enhancing the ZOOM function upon users requests
this is just the new features part we want to introduce to you in the next update.
Ofcourse we also make effort to tackle as many bugs as we can.
ETA is around 1 month.
as per usual - time will tell....
hey dude - fyi - new fw out (3.03?) which apparently has improved things - so you might want to give this a try- they also plan to release 3.5 and also 4 ina few months time. feedback from users seems mostly positive...
I received the xtreamer prodigy today 22 november 2011 and I test this problem:
1)not work streaming file trp
2) not work the folder of dvd or bluray (BDMV)
3) problem with ftp transfer
This site is full of rated/scored devices that have yet to be released. I understand that iboum can rate a devise based on the specs but I wouldn't expect a user rating until you actually used it (which ever devise you were rating). The user ratings, without any written explanation, are of no value. Those who take the time to provide detailed feedback are providing the greatest contribution to the media streaming community. I look forward to purchasing my first streamer soon - and providing feedback. Cheers.
It is only possible on this site to give a user rating when the device has been released. This is a problem for some players because the release dates given by manufacturers are inaccurate at best. Xtreamer Prodigy is the best example! Is it released or not? Nobody really knows.
There is also of course lots of tactical voting, voting based on experience of previous products, voting based on being bored. etc which does make the user ratings of variable use. For the more popular players the weight of numbers voting should however make the user rating more accurate.
We try and negate the above negatives by having a minimum number of votes threshold for user votes and through the iboum rating, which is spec based.
My point was not meant to be negative. This site is not perfect but it provides lots of information which is nicely compiled and easily sorted. The most important point is that it is the user product feedback that is the most valuable component of this site. Those users who are far more knowledgeable than me who take the time to provide balanced and educated product feedback are contributing immensely to this site!
their are some comments on the xt forum - no detailed reviews as yet but hopefully these will come
several bugs being reported - which seems to be std for media players - the test will be how well and quickly xt attend to these bugs
worthwhile creating a profile on their forums if you want to see what users are saying
so people have started receiving their prodigy's - will be good to see some reviews..
lol love it - some people have managed to score the device even though no customers have recieved it yet ie. mods only
Hello iboum. please update the info. Xtreamer has Passive cooling without Fan so it must be set to >> Fan: NO
here it is forum.xtreamer.net
Just read that Prodigy is shipping now with Android 2.2.1 and/or FW 3.x
A link / source?
Hi, On twitter for one: twitter.com
And on their forum.
copy and paste from their forum:
Dear Friends and community members
While this product delay may cast doubt in some of you, we are here to clear the fog a little and give you a short update as to the status of this product and its shipments and Firmware .
(1) We upgraded this device on the last moment so it will be shipped to you pre-installed with FW version 3 + Android Froyo platform.
You may enjoy the benefits of HTML 5, integrated APK support (for those apps in the Google Android Market that are not compiled for ARM) and many new nice add ons and tweaks.
(2) While some of you were told that we are far away from delivery of this product and just buy time, we can announce that shipments of this product will commence within a week. we thought that upgrading the device to Android worth the extra delay.
(3) Because the Android system drivers did not match well with the originally proposed internal mini pcie Wifi module. Your Prodigy will now ship with a USB WIFI 802.11n antenna instead of an internal one.
(4) The device will come from factor with new slick recovery method.
(5) We upgraded the devices main rotary dial so it can now work as Volume control as well as being able to "Turn On" the machine.
(6) We are seriously considering compensating you all for the delay in shipments and as our way to show you our respect for the loyalty by making all shipments of this product from inside EU.
If it will be made possible ( we cannot confirm now 100%) we will send you the prodigy you have ordered from inside EU. It means that we will cover the EU VAT and EU Custom charges to all European customers. We hope you will not be required to pay nothing on the device arrival. We will confirm this point in more detail in the next few days.
If it will not be possible due to logistics issue we will ship it from HK and you will have to pay the taxes for this device as it should have been in the first place. We will do our best. Working on it as we write this post.
(7) Android on Xtreamer Prodigy ....here we come
oopps - didnt realise the baove would be such a large post - please delete if its too long :/
Thanks for the info. But not very much certainty in all that. With the track record of Xtreamer I'm waiting until units are in the hands of customers before calling the Prodigy released.
1. Android is coming to all 1186 players. The issue is APK compatibility and stability. HTML 5 is on all 1186 players. The point Xtreamer make about APK is not a positive, although it is presented as one. I read that as 'most apps won't work because they are compiled for ARM chips', of which the 1186 is one. This is one of the key reasons we've not seen Android on other 1186 players to date.
2. Android was always in promo material. It's not an upgrade.
3. Switching from internal WiFi to a USB dongle is not an upgrade. It uses one USB port and is a much less elegant solution
6. That would be a good gesture, if it happens! 'We hope you will not be required to pay nothing on the device arrival' - Intentional double negative?!!
yeah all fair comments - the proof will be in the pudding as they say...hopefully customers get them sometime soon and then we can get their feedback...
still not shipped yet..."soon" - but a useful update for those who are interested:
Prodigy shipments delayed as of shortage parts by one of our suppliers.
At the moment expected shipping date is November 1st. We hope this is final date.
We are doing all our efforts to push and finish this unwanted situation.
We really want all our customers to enjoy Prodigy.
Your wait will worth your while.
Again, we are sorry for the delay.
Your patience is highly appreciated.
Xtreamer Sales Team
Ultimately the date which appeared on Iboum is correct. Please check Himedia 900B. They are already out in the market with all the specifications mentioned in Prodigy. Shame on you, Xtreamer guys. I will now cancel my order and go for Himedia 900B.
on the xt forums admin has said this delay relates to 2nd batch...apparently preorders will start shipping "soon"....hope they do, so those who have one can report back on how well this player works
@ ravi - would be great to get your thoughts on the 900b once you get it - hope it works out well as the spec/build looks good - the key determinant will be stability and functionality - look forwad to an update from you - cheers - ed
I think this player also doen't have full blu-ray navigation. How can one select between 2D or 3D when playing full blu-ray rip ???
The website announces the launch date as mid September. Why is it November here ?
the 1186 chipset has only just been released to manufacturers in sample quantities. to get to a production number of units and a working firmware by september is impossible.
WinKeyOctober 2015Intel Z3735F
Prodigy 4KJuly 2015Mstar MSO9180D1R
WonderOctober 2014Amlogic S812-H
Multi-ConsoleMarch 2014Rockchip RK3188
Sidewinder 4March 2014Amlogic 8726-M6
ElviraMarch 2012Realtek 1055
Sidewinder 3February 2012Realtek 1186
Sidewinder 2August 2011Realtek 1185
iXtreamerDecember 2010Realtek 1283DD+
ProdigyJanuary 1901Realtek 1185